The impacts of interior landscape design are becoming increasingly known and justified, especially within professional and corporate spaces. Increased productivity, reduced stress, and overall better health are only some of the benefits of plants indoors. Despite understanding the benefits, many businesses and individuals don’t know where to get started in interior landscape design for their […]
We’ve been sharing with you the key standards that are instrumental to incorporating the WELL Building Standard™ within the interior work spaces of commercial buildings, hotels and related indoor spaces. Indoor spaces are not just for work and meetings, they’re central to the health and well-being of people as an inordinate amount of our time is spent indoors.
Don’t despair. Indoor spaces can be designed to improve and positively impact the mood, nutrition, fitness and productivity of employees, guests or just about anyone visiting your site.
The opportunity to contribute to the creation of thriving spaces that support human health and well-being is at the core of Raimondi Horticultural Group’s interior efforts. The WELL Building Standard includes seven keys including air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort and mind.
We previously discussed air and water. Nourishment and light are just as important to creating a quality indoor environment. Why?
– Better nutrition is associated with a 27 percent reduction in depression, a 13 percent reduction in distress and overall better health, productivity and job performance.
– WELL takes into account that simply having better snack options available could make for a happier, healthier workplace.
– Create dedicated eating spaces. Encourage employees not to eat at their desks. This creates more mindful eating.
– Regular daily exposure to natural light is key to a person’s body clock ensuring greater alertness during the day and better sleep at night.
– WELL buildings should have the correct amounts of light and with appropriate limits to glare.
– There is a positive correlation between proximity to windows and productivity. The effect is particularly strong if there is a view offering a connection to nature or interior plants located nearby.
As a member of the Green Plants for Green Buildings organization, the Raimondi Horticultural Group employs an experienced team of designers who understand current guidelines and recommendations for quality interior environments including air and water standards.
Commercial building owners and property managers are seeing a return on investment within a year after implementing WELL standards. Every day, Raimondi Horticultural Group implements standards from the WELL to promote and improve the health and well-being of individuals in the built environment.