We’ve been sharing the many benefits of the WELL Building Standard which furthers the idea that employees favor working – and generally being around – a natural or nature-based setting over stark, drab interiors made of cement and other hardscape materials that dominated design thinking of years past. Simply put, adding plants into the workplace […]
The WELL Building Standard ™ is quickly becoming the leading approach to health and well-being in commercial buildings, hotels and related interior spaces. This is positive news as life and work keep us indoors much of the time.
The opportunity to contribute to the creation of thriving spaces that support human health and well-being is at the core of Raimondi Horticultural Group’s interior efforts. The WELL Building Standard leads to improved nutrition, mood, sleep patterns, fitness, productivity, performance, and helps to prevent occupant sickness. The 7 keys to the standard include:
As a member of the Green Plants for Green Buildings organization, the Raimondi Horticultural Group employs an experienced team of designers who understand current guidelines and recommendations for quality interior environments including air and water standards.
Why are these two standards important to building health?
– Air pollution contributes to 7 million deaths prematurely.
– Elements of air standards include material selection, ventilation, filtration, and pest control.
– Better air quality, lower levels of carbon dioxide and pollutants and increased ventilation can lead to an 8-11 percent improvement in productivity. Plants play an active role in reducing carbon dioxide.
– Up to 80 percent of the US adult population goes through their normal day in a mildly dehydrated state.
– Drinking water and water sources should be easily accessible throughout offices and buildings.
Commercial building owners and property managers are seeing a return on investment within a year after implementing WELL standards.
– 80 percent of employers feel more productive with employees working in spaces where they feel best.
– 90 percent said they would not go back to traditional office layouts, and believe that WELL Building Standards have had a positive effect on their business.
– 86 percent of business owners said new office work spaces help their employees concentrate better.
– 87 percent said the “new” work environment helps them to generate new business.
Every day, Raimondi Horticultural Group makes commercial buildings more attractive, with improved air quality leading to healthier and more productive employees, residents, guests and clients.
Visit Raimondi Horticultural Group for expert advice and get started on your path to an improved working environment.