Returning to the office after a weekend of outdoor activities surrounded by trees and green space can be a bummer. Particularly if the office is comprised of drab divider walls and stark interior colors. Such a reality can have a short- and long-term negative impact on office employees or hotel guests as people are naturally […]
There are a lot of moving pieces and parts when it comes to designing and decorating office spaces. From furniture to carpet, to paint colors, lighting and plants, attention to detail is important.
After selecting the perfect plants to bring a piece of the great outdoors inside, make sure you don’t skimp on selecting the proper plant containers. You want to select containers that will not only look good but will allow your plants to grow and thrive.
Plants containers not only provide a home for your plants, they complete your décor and help define the personality of your office. Your employees will thrive and your customers will take notice when you select the right container.
Here is the Raimondi Horticultural Group’s list of seven helpful tips to select the right plant containers for your office:
- Spend the time to find the right container; don’t settle for a dime a dozen planter.
- Pick the right size. The planter should be several inches larger than the pot.
- Coordinate and complement color schemes in your offices. Creamy, rich colors for a traditional look. Or, bright colors to make work places pop.
- Stagger the heights of plants vs. bunching them into a corner.
- Creatively use plants to separate work spaces.
- Consider the lifespan and how high or full the plant will grow before selecting a plant.
- If you have questions, consult with an interior landscape professional – it can save you time and money.
Every day, Raimondi Horticultural Group makes commercial buildings more attractive, more comfortable, healthier and more productive to clients, residents, guests and employees.
As a member of the Green Plants for Green Buildings organization, our team of experienced designers can create interior environments using the latest design trends accentuated by unique containers and seasonal plants to capture the vision and identity of your company.