Since September 11, 2001 the odds of a biological chemical attack in America have greatly increased. An attack such as this could be devastating to a massive number of Americans while having severe economic consequences. The most likely approach terrorists might use is to employ an aerosolizer to release biological and chemical warfare agents into […]
Returning to the office after a weekend of outdoor activities surrounded by trees and green space can be a bummer. Particularly if the office is comprised of drab divider walls and stark interior colors. Such a reality can have a short- and long-term negative impact on office employees or hotel guests as people are naturally attracted to designs, interiors and every day spaces that make nature and plants a key focus.
Believe it. Indoor spaces can be designed to improve and positively impact the mood, nutrition, fitness and productivity of employees, guests or just about anyone visiting your site. The consequences of ignoring design trends that are the centerpiece of the WELL Building StandardTM can lead to challenges of hanging on to employees and growing your business.
– Globally, 76 percent of employees struggle with well-being.
– 90 percent of business costs are in staff and salaries so improvement in employee health leads to improved productivity.
– 77 percent of CEO’s say finding and retaining employees is the biggest threat to business.
The opportunity to contribute to the creation of quality indoor work spaces that support the daily and long-term sustainability of individuals and today’s expanding businesses and well-being is at the core of Raimondi Horticultural Group’s interior efforts. The WELL Building Standard includes seven keys including air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort and mind.
We previously discussed the first four elements now we’ll take a look at fitness and comfort.
– Physical inactivity is estimated to be responsible for 30 percent of heart disease, 27 percent of type 2 diabetes and 21-25 percent of breast and colon cancer cases and is the 4th leading risk factor for mortality.
– Implementing active design and exercise into the workplace through the use and installation of interior plants creates healthier lifestyles and environments.
– Yes, there are benefits to open office designs, but distractions can be problematic lowering performance as much as 66 percent.
– Installing sound reducing materials such as living walls can reduce noise and even help regulate indoor temperatures, an additional key to increased employee performance.
As a member of the Green Plants for Green Buildings organization, the Raimondi Horticultural Group employs an experienced team of designers who understand current guidelines and recommendations for quality interior environments including air and water standards.
Commercial building owners and property managers are seeing a return on investment within a year after implementing WELL standards. Every day, Raimondi Horticultural Group implements standards from the WELL to promote and improve the health and well-being of individuals in the built environment.