It’s a new year and exciting things are happening! The design community’s eagerly anticipated Pantone Color of the Year 2022 is here. “PANTONE 17-3938 VERI PERI” is a new color “whose courageous presence encourages personal inventiveness and creativity.” Periwinkle aka Vinca minor is first and foremost a plant, not just a color! Periwinkle is an […]
Non-traditional work spaces have become the norm thanks to the millennial generation. Instead of traditional stale and antiseptic designs, today’s office layouts are becoming warmer and more inviting – just like your home.
Green offices (biophilic designs) – a favorite of the Raimondi Horticultural Group – the use of artificial intelligence, acoustic furniture and rooms, and ‘Coffices’ – office spaces that are part coffee shop and part office where employees can work while sipping a latte and munching on a bagel – are becoming the norm.
Today’s work spaces must provide space for employees to work collaboratively and think creatively. These are baseline amenities and perks that young professionals look for when considering where to go to work.
Dynamic spaces (hint, more than a desk, chair, four walls and a pencil sharpener) are desirable. Think of work spaces as moveable, fluctuating and transformational to meet the needs of a team meeting, after work gathering or space conducive to research or writing.
We spend 90 percent of our time indoors either working or “living” and 85 percent of us living in urban areas where green spaces can be at premium. Plants can easily and economically counteract the negative effects of city living and working.
Raimondi Horticultural Group encourages you to have fun with interior plants; think of plants as artwork that can be used in spaces where natural gaps appear and/or where you want to create “rooms” or “offices” without walls and traditional barriers.
Some plant ideas include —
- Air plants – low maintenance, often used in hanging terrariums.
- Succulents – such as Jade, are trendy and compact carrying a florist appeal and dynamic design aesthetic.
- Living walls – big or small, these provide greenery in offices without taking up floor space.
- Ficus Lyrata – these appealing plants present a “wow” factor with bold, large leaves and coming in beautiful shades of green. They work well in offices that lack big windows.
- Sanseveria plants – these plants have an upright structured look; put a few together and you can create a natural office partition. Sanseveria plants – available in amazing varieties – can beautify a contemporary office space as well as a modern hotel lobby.
- Bromeliads – these are long-lasting plants creating terrific color pop and texture to your work space.
Every day, Raimondi Horticultural Group makes commercial buildings more attractive, with improved air quality leading to healthier and more productive employees, residents, guests and clients.
As a member of the Green Plants for Green Buildings organization, our team of experienced designers can create interior environments using the latest design trends accentuated by unique containers and seasonal plants to capture the vision and identity of your company.